📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 04 June 2021
1) Dr R S Sodhi, Managing Director, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd (GCMMF) (Amul) has been unanimously elected to the Board of International Dairy Federation (IDF) during the General Assembly of IDF.
▪️International Dairy Federation (IDF) :-
Established – 1903.
President – Piercristiano Brazzale.
Headquarters – Brussels, Belgium.
2) In an effort to encourage the villagers to follow Covid-19 protocols to limit the spread of the virus, the Maharashtra government has announced a contest with an award of Rs 50 lakh for the village which bags the first position.
Shani Shingnapur Temple
Shri Saibaba Sansthan Temple
3) In a sudden move Chief secretary of Tripura is replaced. Alok Kumar is appointed as Chief Secretary while incumbent chief secretary Manoj Kumar is moved as Resident Commissioner of Tripura in New Delhi.
👉Alok is presently posted as Additional Secretary in the Cabinet Secretariat in New Delhi is 1990 batch IAS officer.
CM – Biplab Kumar Deb
Governor – Ramesh Bais
4) The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday that it has approved a Covid-19 vaccine made by China’s Sinovac Biotech for emergency use, making it the second Chinese-produced shot to get the UN health agency’s endorsement.
👉It is the second Chinese vaccine to be approved by the WHO after it gave the green light to Sinopharm’s Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use, approving the vaccine to be rolled out globally, in early May.
▪️ World Health Organization :-
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
Founded – 7 April 1948
Director-general – Tedros Adhanom
5) World Bicycle Day is celebrated on June 3 every year. On Sunday, June 3, 2018, the United Nations General Assembly in New York commemorated the first World Bicycle Day. World Bicycle Day to observe the day as a celebration of “uniqueness, longevity, and versatility” of the bicycle.
6) Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing of the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) on Sustainable Urban Development between the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Government of Japan, in supersession of existing MoU of 2007 on urban development.
▪️Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs :-
👉Founded – 1952
Headquarters – New Delhi
7) Central Board of Direct Taxes member Jagannath Mohapatra will officiate as the chairman of the Board for three months or till the time a new chairman is appointed.
👉The govt in Feb’21 had extended CBDT Chairman Pramod Chandra Mody’s tenure for the 3rd time by 3 months till 31 May’21.
👉 A 1982-batch Indian Revenue Service officer, Mody took over as the CBDT chief in Feb 2019.
8) India’s Nagraj Adiga has been elected as the Asia-Oceania Representative at the recently concluded 2021 International Association of Ultrarunners (IAU) Congress at which the IAU council elections were held. The pandemic caused the congress to be virtual and elections were held online from the 22 May 2021 onwards.
9) In the third edition of the Niti Aayog’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index 2020-21 released on Thursday, Kerala has retained the top rank with a score of 75 while Bihar has been adjudged as the worst performer with a score of 52.
10) NITI Aayog Vice Chairperson Dr Rajiv Kumar today launched the report titled, SDG India Index and Dashboard 2020-21: Partnerships in the Decade of Action.
▪️NITI Aayog :- National Institution for Transforming India
👉Formed – 1 January 2015
👉Preceding – Planning Commission
👉Headquarters -New Delhi
👉Chairperson:- Narendra Modi,
👉Vice Chairperson – Rajiv Kumar,
👉CEO – Amitabh Kant
11) External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar chaired a meeting of BRICS foreign ministers in which the leaders exchanged views on Covid-19 pandemic and global and regional issues of concern, sustainable development and countering terrorism.
👉 BRICS – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
👉 Russia hosted the most recent 12th BRICS summit on 17 November 2020 virtually due to COVID-19 pandemic outbreak
12) The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi was apprised of the memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed between the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), government of India and Ministry of National Planning, Housing and Infrastructure, government of Maldives on cooperation in the field of sustainable urban development. The MoU was signed in February, 2021.
👉Capital – Malé
👉Official languages – Dhivehi, Arabic
👉President – Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
👉Vice President – Faisal Naseem
👉Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa
👉Legislature – People’s Majlis
13) A 41-year-old man in China’s eastern province of Jiangsu has been confirmed as the first human case of infection with a rare strain of bird flu known as H10N3.
👉 Many different strains of bird flu are present in China and some sporadically infect people, usually those working with poultry.
14) Bengaluru-based Indian Institute of Science (IISc) continues to be the best institution from India at 37 rank in Asia among the top 200 best universities in the Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Ranking 2021.
👉 Apart from IISc Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) in Roopar and Indore are the names which followed it in the the top 200 best universities in the Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Ranking 2021.
👉This year 18 Indian universities have found a place in the list and three Indian institutions were included in the top 100 list as against four last year.
15) A three-month extension has been granted by a parliamentary committee to the Union home ministry for framing of rules for the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) in view of the raging second wave of Covid-19.
▪️Ministry of Home Affairs :-
👉Headquarters – New Delhi
👉Founded – 15 August 1947
👉Minister – Amit Shah
16) Industry body International Spirits and Wines Association of India (ISWAI), which represents large foreign liquor companies in India announced the appointment of Nita Kapoor as its chief executive officer (CEO).
👉India is among the largest liquor markets in the world with presence of top global players who derive significant business from the market. The liquor industry is also highly regulated in India.
17) The Asian Development Bank and the Government of India has signed a $2.5 million project readiness financing (PRF) loan to support project preparation and design activities to upgrade major district roads in Sikkim that will help improve connectivity to important towns, rural areas, and pilgrimage and tourist destinations in the northeastern state.
▪️Asian Development Bank (ADB) :-
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
Formation – 19 December 1966
Headquarters – Manila, Philippines
©All Rights Reserved to @Upsc_Prelims_Current_Affairs_PDF