📖 Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 15 June 2021
1) The United Nations elected five countries to join the powerful U.N. Security Council with no suspense because all were unopposed — Brazil, the United Arab Emirates, Albania, Ghana and Gabon.
➨The five new council members will start their terms on January 1, replacing five countries whose two-year terms end on December 31 — Estonia, Niger, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Tunisia and Vietnam.
▪️United Nations Security Council :-
Headquarters – New York, United States
Founded – 24 October 1945
2) Karnataka’s noted Kannada Dalit poet and activist Siddalingaiah died due to Covid-related complications. He was 67.
➨Siddalingaiah, who tested positive on May 2, was admitted to Manipal Hospital on May 4 for severe Covid pneumonia with multi-organ failure.
CM :- Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yediyurappa
Governor :- Vajubhai Vala
Formation :- 1 November 1956
Language :- Kannada
Port :- New Mangalore Port
3) The Performance Grading Index (PGI) of the States/ UTs in the field of school education comes with good news as well as major concerns.
➨Punjab, Chandigarh, Tamil Nadu, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Kerala occupy the highest grade A++ in 2019-20 in the field of school education as per PGI released by the Ministry of Education (MoE).
4) Barbora Krejcikova claimed her maiden Grand Slam title when she beat Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 6-1, 2-6, 6-4 in the French Open final.
➨The 25-year-old is the first Czech to lift the Suzanne Lenglen Cup since Hana Mandlikova, who represented Czechoslovakia, triumphed in 1981.
5) The Russia is building its first stealth naval warship that will be fully equipped with stealth technology making it hard to detect it by enemy vessels.
➨The hull of the Mercury naval corvette dubbed project 20386 has already been built and the vessel is expected to be delivered to the navy next year.
➨President – Vladimir Putin
➨State Historical Museum in Moscow
➨Russian Museum in St Petersburg
➨Kazan Kremlin in Kazan
6) ‘Namaste Yoga’, a mobile application was launched on 11 June 2021 in the curtain-raiser event for the 7th International Day of Yoga.
➨The event was organised by the Ministry of Ayush in association with the Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga.
7) Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat won the 53kg gold at the Poland Open in Warsaw, giving herself some crucial practice ahead of the Tokyo Olympics.
➨It is the third title of the season for the 26-year-old Vinesh, who claimed gold medals at the Matteo Pellicone event (March) and Asian Championship (April) earlier.
➨The victory would potentially make Vinesh the top seed at the Tokyo Games.
8) Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp Ltd (HSBC), Europe’s largest lender by assets, has promoted Hitendra Dave as India CEO, subject to regulatory approval.
▪️Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp Ltd (HSBC) :-
Founder – Sir Thomas Sutherland
Headquarters – HSBC Main Building, Central, Hong Kong
Founded – 3 March 1865
9) The Central Railway has for the first time formed an all women’s team at Kalyan Goods Yard to carry out intensive examination of freight or goods rake.
➨The entire 10-member women team was deployed for under gear examination, air brake testing, examination of under frames, side panels and for on rake attention of defective components and other related repairs.
10) World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed globally on 15th June every year. It was officially recognized by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2011 following a request by the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse. It has been observed that elder abuse can take various forms such as physical, psychological or emotional, and financial abuse.
11) The award ceremony of Spring Term passing out courses was conducted at the Indian Military Academy’s Khetarpal Auditorium.
➨Lieutenant General Harinder Singh, Commandant, IMA, gave medals and awards to cadets who excelled in various fields during their pre-commission training at the academy.
➨At the ceremony, 148 Regular Course cadets and 131 Technical Graduate Course cadets were felicitated.
▪️Indian Military Academy :-
Established – 10 December 1932
Commandant – Lt General Harinder Singh (general)
Motto – Veerta aur Vivek/ Valour and Wisdom
12) Five Indians cricketers — Shafali Verma, Harmanpreet Kaur, Jemimah Rodrigues, Smriti Mandhana, and Deepti Sharma — will feature in The Hundred women’s competition.
➨Shafali Verma has joined Birmingham Phoenix as a replacement for Sophie Devine while Harmanpreet Kaur, who will star in the opening match at the Kia Oval on 21 July, has joined Manchester Originals.
13) Radhamohan, one of the great proponents of organic farming and Padma Shri awardee, passed away here on Friday. He was 78 and is survived by three daughters.
➨Professor Radhamohan, first Information Commissioner of the State, was a professor of Economics. Later, he practised sustainable agriculture.
14) India’s Neeraj Chopra won the javelin gold medal in the Meeting Cidade de Lisboa with a throw of 83.18 metres recorded with his sixth and last attempt.
➨In the field of five Portuguese competitors, 23-year-old Chopra’s best throw was 83.18m, which turned out to be a gold medal winning effort as the other competitors failed cross the 80m mark.
15) On the instructions of Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan ‘Yuva Shakti Corona Mukti’ campaign has been started by the higher education and technical education department in collaboration with the public health and family welfare department to make people aware about the Covid-19 pandemic.
➨CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
➨Governor – Anandiben Patel
➨Buddhist Monument at Sanchi