Google Cloud Platform Pricing Finance Lead, Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions.
While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
Google Cloud Platform Pricing Finance Lead
Google Cloud is one of the fastest growing product areas at Google. Cloud Product Finance team leads the financial management for Product, Engineering, and Operations teams that build and promote Google Cloud products, including both Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Google Workspace.
They are a thought partner and trusted strategic adviser to the Cloud leadership team, advising on optimizing business economics while scaling hyper-growth businesses.
In this role, you will lead the finance center of excellence team for pricing Google Cloud’s new and existing services. You will work on some of the largest and most strategic cloud agreements.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products.
From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
Minimum qualifications – Google Cloud Platform Pricing Finance Lead
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 14 years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), consulting, or a related function, or 12 years of experience with a relevant advanced degree.
- Experience in team building and development.
Preferred qualifications – Google Cloud Platform Pricing Finance Lead
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams through strong problem-framing and problem-structuring skills, project management skills, and the ability to communicate insights to highly technical management teams.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills; experience in working with large datasets.
- Familiarity with cloud pricing constructs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and influence effectively, combined with impeccable business acumen. Ability to self-direct work in an unstructured, fast paced environment; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, and maintain executive presence and perspective in the midst of changing timelines and rapid decision making.
Responsibilities – Google Cloud Platform
- Lead a team of analysts providing product pricing support to business planning, pricing, and agreement desk teams, drive gross margin analysis for launch of services.
- Create a repository of marginal unit costs for major Cloud services. Forecast business impact for product introductions and tie into business planning.
- Provide competitive insight and thought leadership to facilitate Cloud pricing; work on complex agreements to understand and articulate agreement margin and support pricing decisions.
- Partner with engineering, operations, and product teams to drive process improvements, specifically to improve/automate processes.
- Help GCP offer more value added PaaS services to improve overall gross margins. Partner with Pricing and Product Operations teams.