1. Associate Professor: 2 Posts (UR – 2) (Pay level 13A2 of 7th CPC)
2. Assistant Professor Grade II/I: 8 Posts (OBC – 3, SC – 3, ST – 1, EWS – 1) (Pay level 10, 11, 12 of 7th CPC)
Specialization – Indian Institute of Information Technology Kalyani
Associate Professor: Computer Science & Engg. (All areas), Electronics and Communication Engg. (All areas, preferably RF and Microwave Engg., Antenna & Propagation, RFIC, VLSI Design).
Assistant Professor: Computer Science & Engg. (All areas), Electronics and Communication Engg. (All areas, preferably RF and Microwave Engg., Antenna & Propagation, RFIC, VLSI Design), Physics, Mathematics.
The candidates must specify the position applying for. However, the Selection Committee may decide to consider the candidate in alternative position as well.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
|Designation, Pay Band and Academic Grade pay||Essential Qualification||Essential Requirements||Cumulative Essential Credit Points|
Grade II with Level 10
Grade II with Level 11
|Ph.D.||01 year post Ph.D. experience of Teaching and Research in Institution of repute / Industry||10|
Grade I with Level 12
|Ph.D.||03 years after Ph.D or 06 years total teaching and research experience in reputed academic Institute / R & D Labs / relevant industry||20|
with Level 13A2
|Ph.D.||6 years after Ph.D. of which at least 3 years at the level of Assistant Professor with Level 12.|
9 years total working experience, of which 3 years should be after Ph.D., with at least 3 years at the level of Assistant Professor with Level 12.
1. All new entrants shall have Ph.D. in the relevant / equivalent discipline and shall have first class in the preceding degrees.
2. For existing faculty members who completed their Ph.D. along-with their normal teaching load of Institute / QIP, the enrolment period of Ph.D. will be counted as teaching experience.
3. Contribution to Administration should be recommended by concerned Head / Chairman and approved by the Director.
4. For the departments which are not having any vacancy, movement in higher level will be carried out as per prescribed selection process but it will be restricted to only for serving faculty members of the respective departments.
Instructions To The Candidates – Indian Institute of Information Technology Kalyani
1. Reservation is applicable as per Government of India rules. Candidates belonging to reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD/EWS) are required to attach the Caste/Category certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the competent authority, not below the rank of a Tahsildar.
2. The application form and essential qualification, experience and other details be downloaded from www.iiitkalyani.ac.in
3. The completed application form should be accompanied with along with Demand Draft of Rs. 600/- (Rupees Six hundred only) [Rs. 300/- (Rupees three hundred only) for SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates], Non-Refundable, drawn in favour of the “Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kalyani
4. The envelope should be superscripted the post “………………………………… in ……………….. Discipline”.
5. For each of the qualifications, professional experiences, achievements, etc., documentary proof in the form of self-attested photo-copies is to be attached with the application.
6. The originals must be produced at the time of interview and at the time of joining.
7. Incomplete applications / applications without necessary enclosures may not be accepted.
8. The vacancies advertised are indicative and subject to variation at the time of interview / recruitment. The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any of the vacancies advertised. The Institute reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason.
9. Any misleading/wrong information supplied by the candidate may lead to summarily rejection of the application, if found subsequently, also the appointment will be cancelled.
10. The Screening Committee shall short-list the eligible and desirable candidates from amongst the applicants, based on specialization, availability of candidates, and requirements of the departments. In doing so, it shall not be bound by the options exercised by the applicants.
11. Mere fulfilment of minimum qualification and experience requirements for the post does not entitle the candidate to be called for an interview. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to reasonable limit, on the basis of qualification and experience higher than those prescribed in this advertisement.
12. Persons employed in Government and Semi-Government organizations must apply through proper channel or submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ at the time of interview. However, an advance copy, superscripted as “Advance Copy” on the application form, may be submitted before the last date.
13. No interim queries regarding interview / selection process will be entertained.
14. Canvassing in any form will lead to rejection of application form.
15. Decision of the Selection Committee and the Board of Governors of IIIT Kalyani with respect to the selection process is final.
16. Legal disputes, if any, with IIIT Kalyani are restricted to the jurisdiction of Kalyani Court only.
17. Period of probation to the posts will be 01 year from the date of joining and may be extended by the respective BoG on recommendation of Director.
18. Applications, received after the last date will not be considered in this round and may be considered in the next round.
19. Candidates will have to appear for Presentation/Interview at their own cost, if called before a Selection Committee on the date and place which will be separately notified/informed to the candidates.
How To Apply – Indian Institute of Information Technology Kalyani
The printed and signed online application form along with necessary enclosures and bank draft should be sent by speed post to the following address so as to reach by 29.10.2021, 4pm. Soft copy of the application is also to be sent by the same deadline to the email address: [email protected]. Hardcopy and softcopy applications, received after the deadline will not be considered in this round.
The Deputy Registrar
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Kalyani
WEBEL IT Park, Room No. 107
14, Adibasi Para, Opposite Kalyani Water Treatment Plant,
Near Buddha Park, Kalyani, Nadia,
PIN: 741 235
West Bengal, India