Indian Institute of Management Ranchi (IIM Ranchi) is an autonomous institution founded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, in December 2009. However, the operations began in July 2010.
IIM Ranchi currently offers a full-time two years Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), a full-time two years Post Graduate Programme in Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM), a full-time Doctoral Programme (Ph.D.), a part-time Executive Doctoral Programme (ePh.D.) and an Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGEXP).
From the humble beginning of only on programme with 44 students in 2010, IIM Ranchi has grown rapidly in a short span of time, both in terms of number of full-time programmes and student strength (currently around 700 across programmes). Currently, IIM Ranchi has 51 full-time faculty members.
Their profile can be viewed here Click Here.
Indian Institute of Management Ranchi (IIM Ranchi) Recruitment
IIM Ranchi invites applications from candidates with exceptional academic background for the positions of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the following areas:
- Accounting & Finance
- General Management – Business Law, Regulatory Environment & Business Communication
- In formation Systems & Business Analytics
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Humanities & Applied Sciences: Philosophy, Sociology, Psychology, Mathematics, English Language & Literature
The candidates should have strong academic background and understanding of current developments in their field of expertise. Selected candidates are expected to teach across various programmes and publish high quality research papers in leading academic journals. In addition, they are expected to contribute to academic administration from time to time as per the norms set by the Institute, engage in institution development, conduct training programmes and engage in consultancy work.
Minimum Qualification & Experience Requirement for Faculty Positions
- Criteria 1: Ph.D. or equivalent degree with first class or equivalent in the preceding degree with consistently good academic record. Ph.D. or equivalent degree should be from reputed Indian and foreign universities/institutions. As an indicator of good academic record, it is suggested that candidates may preferably have first class, however, should have a minimum of 55 percent marks at every stage of their academic career.
- Criteria 2: Ph.D./FPM status should be Awarded or Submitted.
- Criteria 3: Designation wise shortlisting criteria for Experience (please refer the circular of Ministry of Human Resources Development F.No.23-1/2008-TS.II dated August 18, 2009, September 16, 2009 & September 22, 2009) are:
|Assistant Professor on contract (Assistant Professor Grade II)||Assistant Professor on Contract – No prior experience required.|
|Assistant Professor (Assistant Professor Grade I)||Assistant Professor – Total experience of 3 years in research/teaching/industry.|
|Associate Professor||Associate Professor– Experience of 6 years of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor level at equivalent peer institutions.|
|Professor||Professor– Experience of 10 years of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor level at IIMs/IITs/IISc/NITIE/IISERs/Other equivalent peer institutions.|
Compensation – Indian Institute of Management Ranchi (IIM Ranchi) Recruitment
The details of pay and the total minimum emoluments admissible at the time of joining are as follows:
|Post||Pay Scale under 7th CPC|
|Professor||Rs. 1,59,100– 2,20,200 with Entry Pay of Rs. 1,59,100|
|Associate Professor||Rs. 1,39,600 – 2,11,300 with Entry Pay of Rs. 1,39,600|
|Assistant Professor (Grade – I)||Rs. 1,01,500 – 1,67,400 with Entry Pay of Rs. 1,01,500|
|Assistant Professor (Grade – II)||Rs. 70,900 (Minimum Basic)|
The pay carries all other allowances similar to a central government employee stationed at Ranchi. The fringe benefits, such as LTC, medical re-imbursement, education allowance for children, contribution towards New Pension Scheme (NPS), faculty development allowance, financial support towards national and international conferences etc. shall be permitted as per the Institute norms. Faculty members are permitted to pursue industry consultation with income sharing as per the Institute rules. There is a provision for additional compensation for teaching/training, subject to fulfilling the minimum work-norm of the Institute.
IMPORTANT NOTES – Indian Institute of Management Ranchi (IIM Ranchi) Recruitment
- Application must be in the appropriate format available online at: https://www.iimranchi.ac.in
- Incomplete applications in any respect will not be entertained by the Institute.
- Mere fulfilment of the above mentioned qualifications & experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for seminar/interview, wherever applicable.
- The Institute reserves the right to devise its criteria for shortlisting, for all the positions advertised, based on Government of India policy and the MoE (Ministry of Education) directives, wherever applicable.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider and to fill or not to fill positions in any of the above/and or any other specializations(s).
- The decision of the Institute in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of any/all application(s), fixing the eligibility criteria, equivalence of qualifications, mode of screening/selection, conduct of seminar/interview, will be final and binding on the candidates.
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding, conduct and result of seminar/interview and reasons for not being called for seminar/interview or selection.
- All qualification must be from UGC recognized University/Deemed university or AICTE approved autonomous institution (Wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU).
- Persons already working in Central/State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous organization etc. should send their applications through proper channel. Aforesaid candidates, if called for seminar/interview, shall be required to furnish ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their current employer at the time of seminar/interview.
- During the process of selection/post selection, the Institute reserves the right to seek any other certificate including vigilance clearance in respect of the candidates already in service at any time.
- Details of disciplinary action and/or court case pending and/or F.I.R. filed against candidate applying should be mentioned in his/her the application form.
- Reservation Policy will apply as per Government of India Rules for which applicants must submit the requisite necessary certificate at the time of seminar/interview for consideration (the certificates should be in the prescribed format as stipulated for central government employment).
- Relaxation in qualification and experience/higher start in the time scale may be considered in the case of exceptionally bright candidates.
- Candidates called for seminar/interview to fill a vacancy, may be considered for lower post if they are otherwise found suitable.
- Depending on the academic credentials of the candidate, the Institute may consider them for an offer on a contractual basis of one/two/three year(s).
- All appointments, shall be subjected to satisfactory completion of probation period, wherever applicable. Further, in case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
- Canvassing of any nature and/or bringing any influence/pressure from any quarter will be treated as a disqualification from the post.
- Reserved category candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply to promote gender diversity.
- Candidates are advised to visit the website of IIM Ranchi (https://www.iimranchi.ac.in) regularly for updates. Amendments, corrigenda (if any), will be placed on the Institute website only.
How to Apply – Indian Institute of Management Ranchi (IIM Ranchi) Recruitment
Please Click here to fill the online application form.
In case you find any difficulty in applying online, the interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV by e-mail to Indian Institute of Management Ranchi, Suchana Bhawan, 5th Floor, Audrey House Campus, Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834008. Email: [email protected]
Contact Details – Indian Institute of Management Ranchi (IIM Ranchi) Recruitment
If you face any technical problems in filling-up the online application form, or have any queries regarding the application form, kindly email to the IT Office at: [email protected] marking a copy to IPC Office at: [email protected]